Dallas County substantially cleaned up the registered voter rolls after our disclosures.
- This is an ongoing statewide project.
- We uncovered a conspiracy to restrict test taking by failing minority students.
- As a result the Texas "Education Governor" was defeated and the Texas Education Agency was downsized and substantially restructured.
- We uncovered a conspiracy to insert illegal zip codes to cause rejection of records of failing students. The entire Austin School Board was indicted and an Austin ISD Assistant Superintendent went to prison.
- In concert with the NAACP and LULAC we sued Dallas ISD to release the names of several hundred dangerously incompetent teachers based on analysis of open records requested classroom performance.
- Using open records requests we created a ten year financial fraud audit of Dallas ISD records.
- Based on whistleblower provided databases we developed the $50 million "Paid no issue" DISD case and presented it to the US Attorney.
- Due to our work Dallas ISD Superintendent Evonne Gonzales went to prison.
- We recently attempt to recreate the DISD financial audit using current open records documents and were blocked by the District.
- We are once again developing whistleblowers in this case.
- Our current analysis of school mass shooters attempts to identify means to save children's (and teacher's) lives.
- We developed informants inside state agencies and asylums.
- Through legal means we were actually able to secure the release of a number of these senior citizens.
- This is a huge and incomplete project that continues to require attention.
- This is an open-source project for which we will provide source code to any citizen (or law-enforcement) group.
© 2018 Open Records Project